Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Beginning: Thoughts on Senior Project

My topic of choice for the Senior Project is photography. However, I've been having a little trouble with it.

Since the beginning of March, I have been looking for my mentor and non-profit organization, both of which have been hard to get in contact with. The mentor I chose is part of a for-profit photography company called MotionScopes Studies, based in Daly City. I have tried several times to e-mail and phone call them, but no response has been returned. Also, the issue with my volunteering at San Francisco Camerawork is that I had wait until I was 18 to volunteer. I couldn't have started my volunteering until after March 15, which is my 18th birthday. Now that I'm 18, I cannot get in touch with the person in charge of Volunteer Services there. I'll have to try and call again some other time this week.

Right now, I think I really need to get my act together and try harder to find a mentor and place to volunteer at. Time is ticking and I need to make effective use of my time from now on. I've contacted a different mentor, JJ Casas, who is a professional photographer based in Daly City. I also am going to contact another non-profit organization in San Francisco called Visual Aid, just in case SF Camerawork doesn't get back to me in time. I hope that this time around, I'll be able to get in contact with them and they will be willing to help me out so that I can get my hours in.

No comments:

Post a Comment