Monday, May 2, 2011

The End: Final Thoughts on Senior Project

Overall, I enjoyed my Senior Project experience. I was fortunate enough to find opportunities for mentoring and volunteering that allowed me to meet new and interesting people. My mentor JJ was easy for me to talk to and get along with because he had an open and outgoing vibe every time I met with him. Taking BART and going into the City by myself was a great learning experience for me in terms of paying attention to which train I should be taking, which direction I should be walking, and being aware of my surroundings. I felt more independent because I wasn't with my friends or family, which I'm used to having with me when I'm in San Francisco. The people I met at SF Camerawork were of a slightly different social culture than me, because they had certain opinions about the works at the gallery that I would not have had or thought of. So, it was interesting to observe them and be surrounded by them. I feel like this whole Senior Project experience has given me more of a view of the outside world, and I am grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment