Monday, May 2, 2011

Volunteering: SF Camerawork - Day 5

New Exhibit Opening: Unburied Treasures

Date of Volunteering: 5/6/11
- Number of Hours: 2 hours, 45 minutes
- Total Hours: 15 hours

Actions:
- Check out new exhibit works
- Facilitate guests: opening door and directing guests to gallery

How Am I Doing?:
This was SF Camerawork's VIP opening day for their new exhibit, Unburied Treasures, and it was also my last day volunteering. When I arrived at the gallery, the event had not started just yet, so I walked around looking at the new work. The photographs were very interesting: some had funny subjects, some were abstract, others looked a little weird. As the flow of people began to pick up, I was stationed at the front door again to help guests get into the building. When the guests started to trickle, I went back to the gallery and looked more at the photographs. Since it was my last day, Jennifer said I was free to enjoy myself and grab something to eat. So, the rest of the night, I just walked around the gallery, munching on some cheese and crackers as I perused the photographs.

Next Action:
This is my final volunteering day for Senior Project. I had a fun time at the SF Camerawork gallery, checking out the exhibits, helping at the events, and meeting new people. In the future, if there are events that need volunteers, I'll be glad to help out.

No comments:

Post a Comment