Monday, July 19, 2010

The Kite Runner: Ch. 1-5

As soon as I started reading Kite Runner, I was immediately drawn in. I had watched Kite Runner when it came out as a movie, so I had an idea of what was to come, but the book always beats the movie. Khaled Hosseini has a way of keeping the reader engaged and interested in the book. His descriptions are so detailed that I can create the images vividly in my mind. He captures the moods and feelings that Amir feels so well that it's easy for the reader to relate to the character.

After reading How to Read Literature Like a Professor, I tried to take notice of some of the symbols. When I read that Hassan had a cleft lip, I was thinking, "Is he 'marked for greatness?'" And so far, it seems that he is. When Assef is about to attack Amir and Hassan, Hassan brings out his slingshot and, even though he's scared, threatens Assef. Hassan is kind, smart, and loyal. I'm sure that later in the chapters, he will prove that greatness more.

No comments:

Post a Comment