Date of Mentoring: 4/28/11
- Number of Hours: 1 hour
- Total Hours: 16 hours, 30 minutes
Actions:
- Using Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, editted my own batch of pictures
How Am I Doing?:
Today, I was able to edit my own pictures from a concert I went to last year. JJ first told me to import my files and then mark the ones that I want to reject. After getting rid of the rejected photos, I rated 12 pictures that I liked the best. JJ emphasized picking just the best of the pictures because I should be thinking of where the pictures will end up and who I would be posting them up for. Each "cream of the crop" picture should be able to stand strong as an individual photo so that it can be representative of the event. Below is an example of the editing I was able to do with Lightroom. The picture on the top is the "before" pictures and the one on the bottom is the "after" picture, which has been cropped, brightened, and shadowed (foreground).



Next Action:
My last meeting with JJ will either be next Tuesday, May 3, or Wednesday, May 4. We might be going out so that I can practice my "elevator pitch" on random people I meet on the street.
No comments:
Post a Comment