Friday, April 29, 2011

Volunteering: SF Camerawork - Day 4

First Exposures Exhibit

Date of Volunteering: 4/28/11
- Number of Hours: 4 hours
- Total Hours: 12 hours, 15 minutes

Actions:
- Register guests & distribute their food/drink tickets
- Record the credit card numbers of those who were bidding on the works of the students/mentors
- Walk around gallery & check out the works myself
- Pass out First Exposures booklets at end of the night

How Am I Doing?:
This event was by far the most exciting I've done for SF Camerawork. The gallery was totally alive because there was a DJ and many guests, students, & mentors milling around. At the start of the night, I was helping out other volunteers at the registration desk, checking in guests, distributing their food/drink tickets, and recording credit card information for the silent auction bidding. After being relieved of my position at the registration desk, I was allowed to roam around gallery, basically free of admission. It was nice to finally see the students who are part of First Exposures, since many of them are around my age. Their works were amazing, and I wish I could have done my own bidding, except the starting price was a little too high for me. Throughout the night, they had music blasting, people drinking and eating, a photo booth open for use, and speeches by the directors, mentors, and students of First Exposures.

Next Action:
I have one more volunteering date next week in order to fulfill my 15 hours of volunteering for this project. That date will be either Thursday, May 5, or Friday, May 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment